I have a solution here that will make a friend feel welcomed (even if it’s only for 2- 3 days) and you’ll feel less stressed about the visit.
So here it goes…
When a good friend calls (or is need of a place to crash) to say she’s traveling into town unexpectedly, it’s easy to start stressing out over little things when you have a last-minute guest arrive in your home. You start to wonder- is the house clean? Do I have enough food? Is the room big enough for her? So I found a few things recommended by the Magnolia Journal where you won’t lose any sleep by making sure that a friend will be comfortable and enjoy her/his visit when she/he arrives to see you.
So here are some thoughtful suggestions that will make your guest feel at home.
CANDLELIT WELCOME. (This is a plus for me! I love candles and i think it does set a nice tone)
THINGS TO NOT STRESS ABOUT
- Let go of the idea that you need a perfectly clean home.
- Focus on the room your guests are staying in.
- Let go of the idea you need a home cooked meal.
- You can always prepare food in advance, put it in the fridge, or have food delivered at home!
- Enjoy spending time with your guests/friends.
Source: Magnolia Journal