Hello to all Arta Chic Readers! I found some quick tips on doing your nails when your pressed for time.
D.I.Y. In half the time it takes to hit your local nail salon.
1. Shape. File your nails into a square shape with rounded corners. The length should be to your finger’s tip.
2. Trim. Work a rich cream into your cuticles, wait a minute, then push them back using a cuticle stick. If you have a hangnail, smooth it away with a buffer or, for a biggie, carefully trim it with nail scissors. Swipe your nails with polish remover.
3. Lay a base. Apply a base coat like Seche Clear Crystal Clear. It’s the anchor that holds the color in place and keeps it from staining your nails.
4. Top with color. Do two thin layers of polish, no more. “With each coat, wipe the brush against the bottle neck as you pull it out to remove most of the polish,” says Ji Baek founder of Rescue Beauty Lounge nail colors. “Sweep it on, then skim the brush along the edge of your nail to create a protective seal.”
5. Finish with a top coat, again sealing each nail’s edge.
Source: Redbook Magazine